Friday, May 11, 2007

Sally Rosser

Dear Sally,

In the past few days, I have seen and heard things that were ... unbelievable. Many such things.

Several people have confronted me on how I linked you with all of these events. When confronted and my evidence presented, my opinion did not prevail.

So let me share a little story with you. Then, I have something important to say directly to you.

My wife is a pediatrics nurse. Her first day on a new job, a doctor screamed at her. His screaming fit was at the shared work station for receptionists, nurses, and doctors. He slammed her abilities, her training, and her motivations as a nurse.

No verbal attack could have been more public or damaging to a first day employee.

My wife quietly accepted the criticism, corrected the "breach" or error that prompted the angry fit. And, then she went on doing her job. Ops. I forgot to mention she was blamed for a mistake made by another nurse.

That other nurse later told the doctor that the mistake was not the new employees fault. She took responsibility.

That same day, the doctor called my wife into his office and apologized.

When he was through, my wife looked him right in the eyes and said, "That apology does me no good outside this room."

I have made a heinous accusation as to your character and your devotion to all things Democratic. I will not shift the burden of my responsibility in any way. I was wrong and I should have known I was wrong.

I have worked for you as a volunteer. I have seen you working in North Georgia for the greater good.

I cannot support my personal attacks with facts.

Only a public apology will serve since those attacks were public and on this blog.

I was wrong. I was very wrong. I did myself what I accused you of doing. I acted without the full facts and I have harmed you.

I am sorry but I know that no apology will fully undo any harm to your reputation. Only time and your continued hard work will do that.

Please accept my apology.

Sincerely,

Michael W. Parker

No comments: