Monday and Tuesday I worked as a volunteer at 1100 Spring Street making those phone calls to GOTV.
Some of you know that I worked there for a couple weeks during the last election cycle.
So, I have some ties to the past.
But, I'm impressed with the changes under the new Chair, Jane Kidd. The place looks brighter and I wish I were talking about the decor!
Even the interns were smart, savvy, and able to engage in serious discussions. I won't name any names because I don't have permission to quote anyone. But, one young lady was very impressive in making conversation AND analyzing what was being said.
She could talk and think. I'd bet she could also walk and chew gum.
I saw several other improvements and felt the atmosphere had changed.
The previous atmosphere had defeat hanging in the air. No sense not addressing the status of Bobby Kahn and his staff.
Bobby Kahn was under attack from within the party. Custer had it easy at the Little Bighorn by comparison. At the Little Bighorn, Custer just had the Indians to fight. Kahn had the Republican majority in the U.S. Senate, House, and a national trend to vote Republican or be labeled a traitor etc. Plus, every blogger south of New York wanted a position of power.
Kahn and staff fought the good battle to the last bullet. May they rest in peace.
Jane Kidd arrived without a bullet, a gun, or a shovel to bury the dead.
Judging only by what I saw and heard, the dead are buried. A new crew has taken up positions and gone on the attack.
Friday, June 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment