Thursday, October 2, 2008

Nathan Deal votes against Education

Yeah, it ain't news. Our over educated lawyer turned against higher education for your sons and daughters a long, long time ago.

But, I thought it would be a good break from the confidence crisis in Washington and Wall Street.

So Nathan Deal, who calls Nancy "His Nanny" Pelosi the Devil at every campaign stop, who can't make up his mind how to vote unless he can poll the will of the people, and who thinks the ANWR is a frozen block of ice, voted on February 7, 2008 against H.R. 4137.

H.R. 4137 became law by a huge margin in a bi-partisan vote in the House and the Senate.

What was the first item in the bill? Title 1, (1) admit students whose secondary education was conducted in a home school setting.

So Home Schoolers, Nathan Deal voted to exclude your children from attending college. Nice, eh?

The bill did many very good things besides give every kid a chance at a college education. It required the Secretary of Education to provide a "net price calculator and, within three years of this Act's enactment, HEA-funded IHEs to adopt and make available for use on their websites such net price calculator to help students, families, and consumers determine the net price (tuition minus grants and discounts) of IHEs."

DAYUM!

Who wouldn't want to know how to compare the full cost of a college education between two or more schools? Yes, I want the best education for my children. I'm going to send my children anyway but why can't I shop a little on price? Why must I get the bill after my child gets the education?

Ask Nathan Deal. And ask the little man with the cold heart why Institutes of Higher Education, IHE, shouldn't "provide concise, easily accessible, on-line consumer information to prospective students and their families."

I want to see him blame that on his Nanny Pelosi.

By the way, the law passed the House, 380 to 49. Deal being one of the 49 white male Republican firmly against this bipartisan law.

No comments: