I was asked this today. Here's my little answer.
I thank you for asking this question. It’s a misconception that ‘I’ think stealing is good. Or that taking from one and giving to another as a government function is a basic principle of mine.
Here’s my assumption.
You see any government benefit program as taking from one and as a giving to another. Most are not and I support all of those.
I could make a big list but I consider fire and safety funding as taxing all for the benefit of only those in need. Not a taking from one and giving to another.
The Justice system is funded the same way.
I’ve made fun of conservatives by using the Justice system as an example. My favorite ploy is asking, "Who pays for a murder trial? If not society, then the dead? Or, the family of the victim? No. Society pays for the investigation, trial, and providing punishment. And society pays millions of dollars to do this."
I find your question just bad semantics or political talking points. But, that’s a point of view from me knowing I can never pay enough in taxes for what I’ve gotten as a US citizen.
Friday, September 27, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment