Tuesday, April 17, 2007

UK: Bush Losing "War on Terror"

It is being reported in Australia that the UK will split with Bush on the "War on Terror" when Tony Blair resigns.

Tony Blair will resign as Prime Minister, leaving Bush holding the bag on the phrase, War on Terror.

The UK understands how the English language works. Heck! They sort of invented the thing. Why does that matter?

The phrase, War on Terror, is vague, simplistic, misleading, and counterproductive.

Four words often used to describe George Bush and 99.9 percent of Republican leaders. Also another way to very politely, in that uniquely British way, say, the Yanks are lying about making war on terror.

To make this a little more clear, Casey Cagle pledged to never raise taxes. But, he just created a surcharge of 3.5%. Stop lying, Casey! It's an increase in taxes! Changing the name of a tax to a surcharge isn't honest.

Nor is saying "We're at war with terror!" Meaningless Madison Avenue advertising slogan.

"I am the War President!" "I'm for Law and Order!" "I'm against big Goverment!" "I'm a fiscal conservative!" (Just some more slick and meaningless sound bites from the Lying Right.

No comments: