James Marlow announced his candidacy for the 10th Congressional Race on Tuesday. By now, that seems like old news.
I got to trail along behind the campaign as James made his formal announcement in Lincolnton, Evans, Toccoa, and Athens.
James, his mom and dad, had lunch in Evans and they very kindly invited me to sit with them.
James gets his telegenic good looks from his mom and dad as well as his good Southern manners. I felt like a fish out of water being one of those damn Yankees that moved here late in life. However, I did recognize the corn bread, BBQ, and sweet tea.
If eating like a Southerner earns me any points with the natives, I think I made a good impression.
James and his sincere manner made a very positive impression on me.
I will blog more about him when time allows.
Thursday, April 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment