Here's an update on my Open Records Act request to Karen Handel.
I emailed the request on July 17, 2008.
Today I have the response letter.
Nine business days.
Not bad. Hall County responded twice in three days. The second in writing or by snail mail.
The response letter doesn't provide any of the information requested but it does say I can make an appointment to come see the documents that I requested.
Nine normal business days and fifteen calender days to say, "Schedule an appointment?"
Does it strain the credibility of government just a little bit to say, our letter took 6 normal business days to travel in the U.S. mail from Atlanta to Flowery Branch? Just say the check is in the mail ...
Sure, I want to schedule an appointment. Why the flappen H didn't you email or call me?
How long does it take to call me and say, 'Mr. Parker, we have no problem meeting your request. Karen Handel as Secretary of State has no secrets. When would you like to review the records that you need? We have can make you as many copies as you want. Or, we can make a copy of each document for 25 cents a page. We have 100 pages and that will be $25. '
Was that so tough to type in an email?
The longer a government office delays in meeting an open record request, the more likely someone will yell Conspiracy or Cover UP!
Someone call the post office. Seven days for a letter from Atlanta to Flowery Branch. I don't believe it.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Morons like you who seek to stifle government work because you want to believe that a politicians actions are partisan are naive and they waste the money taxpayers use to run elections efficiently and effectively.
Whatever happened to the time when folks got elected and were longtime residents of the community they sought to represent instead of some last minute flimflam real estate purchase to satisfy residency requirements?
Whatever happened to the time when folks got elected based on their campaign and their positions on issues instead of how much they have to spend on lawyers and waste more taxpayer dollars on frivolous lawsuits.
Get a clue it costs more than 25 cents to produce there records when you consider the opportunity cost of entertaining a blogger.
Get a life and a job so you too can pay for your foolishness with tax dollars...
Nonpartisan,
For my entertainment?
Nope. I filed a complaint with the SOS office which generated an investigation.
The investigation appears to have been botched very badly.
So very badly that my complaint was twisted into charges of racism.I never alleged any racism in my complaint. And, I made it clear that I didn't see any evidence of racism.
So I'm kind of stuck wondering why the investigation reached a conclusion that no racism occurred and closed the case.
I filed a request to see the case records in Hall County and with the Elections Board.
Hall County replied by email within hours. They sent me some copies of some items I requested within 72 hours. Via snail mail.
Hall County didn't charge for making the copies or for mailing the items to me.
The Elections Board hasn't sent me anything other than a very, very late letter ...
And, that came after I blogged about it on several blogs.
I don't believe the investigation had the correct focus. Now, when confronted with additional questions, I get a delaying letter instead of answers.
Is it naive to think there's a problem with all that?
Nope.
But, thanks for the comment, visiting the blog, and increasing my revenue stream.
I make money based on how many people visit.
Post a Comment