Saturday, March 15, 2014

US Banks rigged interest rates

How well did your 401(k) do between 2004 and 2011?

Not as well as it could have.

Between 10 and 16 US Banks helped rig international interest rates starting in 2006 or 2007. Europe has already punished their banks. We're just now getting around to it.

So let's say I'm in the conspiracy to set interest rates. If I raise the interest rates, money moves out of stocks and low interest paying bonds lose short term values.

So I short stocks and buy cheap bonds.

Then, I help to lower interest rates. My stock go up in value. My cheap bonds go up in value. I sell and start the cycle over again.

Until I get caught. If ever.

So unless you were part of the global conspiracy to manipulate interest rates, you didn't get much out of your 401(k). I guess you'll be asking this question during your retirement.

"Would you like to try one of our value meals today?"

No comments: