"Let's all row in the same direction on this road project."
So why don't I like that one? I heard it at a Republican meeting.
“I think it’s important for everybody to be rowing in the same direction on this one,” said Craig Lutz, the Hall County Board of Commissioners’ South Hall representative.
Followed shortly by, “'Trust me when I say we’ve been knocking on every single door to look at other funding opportunities,' Yamala said."
Of course we got the usual blame game quote, “'The problem is the federal government, and we’re not sure what’s coming there,' Mecum said."
Since the Goobernator is from Hall County, Georgia, no Republican mentioned the state's lack of funding. The local reporter did.
The state has made the road a temporary state route so funding can be sped up on the work — widening it between I-985 and Thompson Mill Road in Gwinnett — but so far, no money has been set aside.
So the state has no money. That's okay. The federal government has no money for roads. The county has no money for roads.
But, damn we have been rowing door to door begging other governments to fund a road widening project to nowhere. Well, from Stering on the Lake subdivision to the interstate known as I985.
So I attended a GOP meeting in an underfunded public library which the government hating, tax cutting residents of Stering on the Lake hate at the entrance to their subdivision.
But their lives would be enhanced if their commute including a State funded 4 lane road to the interstate.
Ain't that a bone headed love affair?
No comments:
Post a Comment