No real story today. No, I didn't serve with Ben Carson or Donald Trump. I can count no shots fired in anger. No honorable trip to Canada in protest of a wrong war.
No. I got to eat breakfast with some veterans and their families. And, one of my grandsons. All good so far.
But, some people might think I was a veteran because I was invited to the breakfast, the parade, and the closing ceremony. My grandson invited me and I would not turn him down. So, now what?
Should I claim status as a surrogate for those who could not be there? I did. At least once. With the explanation, I don't want to be seen as pretending to be a Veteran. Does that help?
No.
I watched a large group of Veterans honored by children and many of the Veterans will always assure I served.
What can I do? Remember my grandson eating some bacon, biscuit, and donuts with a huge smile on his face while I explained Veterans Day as well as I could to a kindergartner.
I can live with being his hero.
Wednesday, November 11, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment