"[T]he suggestion that I participated in any collusion — that I was aware of any collusion with the Russian government to hurt this country, which I have served with honor for 35 years, or to undermine the integrity of our democratic process, is an appalling and detestable lie,” he said.
What does that mean? It means maybe nothing coming from me. But, let's say, a former member of the Communist Party said it. Means nothing. No one should believe it.
So let's decide what it means to say hurt this country? Hmmm. A Republican could say that anything done to prevent Clinton from following that black guy as President would be a service to 'this country' and not a harm.
So, why not say, I did nothing to help the Russians determine the outcome of the 2016 Presidential Election. I know nothing of any other person or party working with any foreign agents to change the outcome of that election.
The second is a denial. I like strong denials.
The first is weaseling.
Might as well say, "I am not a crook!" Hmmm. Nixon. Watergate. Firings. Hmmm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment