Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Governor George Ryan and the Culture of Corruption

Another man will enter prison in the next few days. But, it won't be Michael Vick.

Mr. Vick has some time left before his legal judgement day.

However, a governor, a former Republican Governor will very shortly start his new life behind bars.

In Illinois, where the Daley Democratic machine created legends, the biggest scandal perhaps in history involved former Gov. George Ryan. The 73 year old Ryan has exhausted his appeal for a new trial on his convictions on fraud, racketeering conspiracy, and other offenses.

The Moral Majority, the GOP family values, and the smoke screen on how Jesus demands Christians vote Republican failed to save the soul of Ryan.

He took your tax dollars to run his political election campaigns.

He sold contracts for state business from 1991 to 1999.

The wide ranging investigation of Gov. Ryan led to dozens of convictions. Ryan claims he did nothing wrong.

Few of us in Georgia may have heard of this scandal. Let us hope we are spared the same crimes by our Gold Dome Culture of Corruption.

1 comment:

Tommy Korioth said...

This week I took the time to compile my own list of Republican corruption. (I went ahead and included the pedophiles.) I thought I'd finish in a couple of hours; it took me three days. Last time I counted I had around 200 names.

I thought you might enjoy a gander.

http://fluffer-union.blogspot.com/