Thursday, January 22, 2009

Supidity in North Georgia's colleges

I was proctoring an exam yesterday at a local college. The testing had been advertised. The ad stated that pre-registration was a must. The test session would start at 9 am and last up to three hours. Registrants were told to show up 15 minutes early, that seating was limited and to bring two forms of ID.

How many students do you think tried to show up late without registering?

Three.

The last one showed up at 11:30 and threw a fit! She was married and had children. By the time she arrived, not only was the testing over but the room had been cleaned and set back up for the next class period.

She actually tried to block the door and prevent me from leaving as if I could be forced to give her the exam before the next class started.

If you can't read and follow the instructions by the time your reach college in the middle of your life, there might be a reason you're back in school.

I pity her children.

No comments: