I tried. I really did. I said it would happen again. It did.
Mass shooting victims die screaming. Screaming.
Bullets crush through human flesh. They do not carve like a knife. Bullets crush flesh and boil human fluids.
The victim dies horribly. Seldom is death quick. Gabby Giffords remained awake and talking after that bullet crushed through her bones and her brain. Shot in the head, alive, aware and in pain; just like Robert Kennedy on the kitchen floor of a hotel, she was able to speak, think, and feel.
If you still have human feelings, imagine all the victims, all who have ever been killed with a gun, walking down your streets, not in a death march, but in a parade.
A parade of carnage never seen in your living rooms, churches, your food restaurants.
Imagine them like those Walking Dead zombies caught forever between life and peaceful death. Each of them looking to you with pleading eyes. Their bodies already damaged but not dead. Pleading with you.
Help me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment