Friday, December 4, 2015

Is it time for a walk down Green Street with an AK47?

Ever get strange ideas? Of course you do. Bet you don't share them. Most of the time.

I drove past a McDonald's and I thought, 'We are what we eat.'

Then, my brain stretched that out to, 'We are what we eat and who we meet.'

A conjoined sentence which needs some clarity.

If the food which we eat determines how our body, like if we eat bacon we get pig fat, then does our human interactions determine our mental health in a same way.

Do you spend all day working in a retail store full of idiots speaking slang terms, asking half formed questions, and looking for custom fabrications?

Might make you rude, eh?

What if you never see a mass shooting? Never hear the dying screams of children? Never clean clotted blood with a garden hose?

Might make you indifferent to violence, eh?

So what IF ... I buy an assault rifle, a good pistol, and get a conceal carry permit? Then, show up at the Gainesville Christmas Parade openly packing iron?

I'd be just exercising my basic right to be confrontational, right? Sort of like Free Speech with a side order of terrorism?

I'm so thinking ... I love a parade.

No comments: