But, what were the choices for Bush with his can of Libby's?
Stonewall and hope Libby doesn't sing a commercially viable jingle?
Pardon Libby while remaining a lame duck President for 18 more months?
Bush did what he had to do. He stopped the investigation into the White House. Same thing his father did for Reagan. Same thing Gerald Ford did for Richard Nixon.
For another viewpoint, read this story.
We can hope Libby sings a new commercial jingle in the form of a tell all book. I'm suggesting this as the title, "I fought the law and the Law almost won."WASHINGTON - The Democrat probing President Bush's decision to erase the prison sentence of a former White House aide said Sunday there is "the suspicion" the aide might have fingered others in the Bush administration if he served time.
House Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers spoke of "the general impression" that Bush last week commuted I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby's 2 1/2 year sentence in the CIA leak case to keep Libby quiet.
No comments:
Post a Comment