IRELAND!
I’ve been looking for an excuse to move to a frickin island slightly bigger than West Virginia with an average age of 33, a huge Roman Catholic population, and very little farm land.
Maybe a place with no HIV deaths and socialized medicine.
Someplace entirely dependent upon trade with other nations to even exist. I could sell some wampum, beads, and dirty pictures of the Queen.
I so want to live in a tiny little place with an annual GDP less than the US government spends on a three day weekend.
A little island that imports electricity! And uses less than 180,000 barrels of oil per day.
A place with a negative current account balance and a debt to GDP ratio higher than the US.
A place with only a dozen or so paved runways for airplanes. Nothing to attract al-Qaida and bin Laden.
I think two radio stations would be plenty. One AM and one FM of course.
Someplace that doesn’t spend money on national defense to keep the flappen taxes down, too. An army with about 8,500 would work just fine with a strict policy of neutrality.
All of which makes it a good place to get my illicit drugs from international sources. None of the domestic wine and none of the domestic grown in the basement weed, either.
When my domestic does the laundry, maybe she can launder some drug money for me, too.
Ah, the heck with moving!
Let’s just declare the USA as an Irish county. We would be number 27.
Or maybe I should just remain Irish one day a year?
All data from www.cia.gov
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Perdue's Blarney Stone
He was looking for a shamrock. And, now we are about to get stuck with the blarney. Perdue got his blarney by taking a trip at taxpayer expense to Ireland. It seems Ireland is the new Brazil. I hope you remember when Georgia, in the words of Perdue, needed to be more like Brazil. Now, the fashion is for all green shamrocks and blarney stones for Georgia.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment