Thursday, May 1, 2014

Guns don't kill babies. Four year old kids kill babies.

Guns don't kill. People kill. In this case, a four year old killed a one year old.

Wanna tell me that fairytale again? The one about how many kids are killed with loaded knifes because when a bad guy wants to kill, he'll find a way.

Story

Residents in this Wichita neighborhood are still trying to understand what happened.

"Cause that was a tragedy," said Jackson, holding her one-year-old grandson. "My heart is broken."

"I was just taken away," said Ray about her reaction to the news. "I don't have the words to really say, describe how I felt and what all I felt."

A one-year-old boy who lived down the street from them is suddenly gone, shot to death by his four year old brother. Police say the two boys were playing with their sister in the bedroom.

"It appears that the four-year-old child opened a night stand drawer," said Lt. Todd Ojile, Wichita Police, during a briefing Wednesday. "In that nightstand drawer was a loaded handgun. The gun was still in the drawer when it was fired," said Ojile.

No comments: