A friend of a friend mentioned cell phone etiquette "hell" today. We all seem to live there. So what is the proper response when a stranger starts a personal conversation on their cell phone while using the only stall in a public restroom while you're waiting 3rd in line?
I'm voting for this response. Suddenly, and in a loud voice, say, "If I have to wait much longer, I'm going to go in the sink!"
Isn't it bad enough that people drive while texting/sexting/talking? Must we tweet on the toilet? I mean if you're tweeting for more toilet paper, expect to lose a few friends. Real friends will help you move furniture but there's no category of friend who will help with your bowel movements.
If I were really a good writer with no etiquette at all, I'd mention that we all face a paperless future. Gladly, I'm just a hack writer.
For more on cell phone etiquette, here's a great link to The Awl and it's great story by Robet Lanham, 'Your Phone Is Ruining You For Us.'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment