Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Car Bomb in Iran

Iran, not Iraq

Car blast slays 18 elite soldiers

February 15, 2007 From The Australian

"TEHRAN: Eighteen members of Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards were killed yesterday when a car loaded with explosives blew up near the bus taking them to work in the country's southeast.

The car stopped at about 6.30am (2pm AEDT) in front of the bus on the outskirts of Zahedan, the capital of Sistan-Baluchestan Province.

The car's occupants fled on motorbikes seconds before the car exploded, the Islamic Republic News Agency said last night. It called the attack in the Ahmadabad district a terrorist operation."

I am sorry to learn that terrorism has struck in Iran. I regret the loss of human life even though Iran is not an pro-Western country.

By posting this article, I am not supporting Iran or anti-Western terrorists. Hopefully, those who read this post will reflect upon the futility of invading one country and calling that a 'war on terrorism.'

No comments: