Friday, February 16, 2007

The Other Slide Show

Yesterday, I published the slide show named "Polo" used to brief the President on the Iraq invasion. Rumsfeld approved the creation of the slide show in 2002.

However, Rumsfeld and Franks did not show the President or any member of the United States Congress this earlier slide show briefing called "Desert Crossing" created in 1999.

The Desert Crossing slide show created under Clinton assumes 400,000 troops in a post-war Iraq and a country in chaos. "Desert Crossing" was a war game exercise worked out by competitive teams over months.

The "Polo"slide show, named for the exclusive sport, was worked on for a few weeks at most by a single team.

Congressmen, like Nathan Deal and Saxby Chambliss, who were serving in 1999 have no excuse.

Personally, I'm reminded of children playing a version of 'tag' in a pool. One child is 'It' and pretends to be blind. Each time they call out, "Marco," the others must answer, "Polo."

The pretend 'blind' child then chases "Polo," an endlessly moving target.

Yes, I'm saying Deal and Chambliss are all wet, self-blinded, and begging for a clue.

No comments: