Yesterday we learned that the FBI has lost a few guns.
The GOP dominated Georgia House of Representatives also had a solution to a huge problem for gun owners. Where to hide a gun while driving around on a sunny day.
Under the measure, I can keep my gun anywhere I feel it is safe. Like tucked away in the small of my back, under a seat, or under a newspaper on the seat of my car.
Rep. Tim Beardon was the sponsor and the first to recognize this horrible erosion of the 2nd Amendment. I wonder how many times Tim Beardon had his life endangered because his gun was inconveniently locked in the glove compartment?
A Senate plan would allow employees to keep their firearms in their cars or trucks in 'public' parking lots while at work.
Tim "Quickdraw" Beardon, the newest gunslinger in town, passed the measure despite opposition by the Georgia Association of Chiefs of Police, which sent a letter to lawmakers warning that the bill would extend the right to bear arms to "an absurd level" and could lead to more killings of police officers and innocent civilians.
The kids without healthcare are grateful Rep. Tim Beardon is protecting their rights.
So am I.
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment